Coffee.org-Save up to 20% on Your Favorite Coffee

Monday, June 8, 2015

The Best Cheeseburger

I know, I know, only men are supposed to handle the grill, but not in this house, and especially not when I want a burger.

One of my brothers turned me on to carmelized onions years ago and a hamburger or hot dog isn't edible without them.  So before I even turn on the grill, I've cut up about five Vadalia onions and have them slowly cooking in a cast iron grill on the stove.

The hamburger must be grass-fed and cooked until it's still just a little bit pink inside. The bun must be grilled, and the cheese must be provolone. The bacon must be crisp.  While I am assembling my little beauty I am frying an egg; in my case, the yolk has to be cooked. A little salt, a little Raye's Sweet and Hot Mustard and I've outdone myself once again. Best sides are bread and butter pickles and Maine's Own Humpty Dumpty BBQ potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment