Coffee.org-Save up to 20% on Your Favorite Coffee

Monday, June 8, 2015

Favorite Taste Combinations

I know some people swear by Chocolate and Peanut butter, or tomatoes and basil.  My favorite taste combination is a little strange, since I'm normally not a person who likes wild greens, strong cheese or champagne.

My absolute favorite taste combination is Asiago Cheese, Arugula and Prosecco. If I should ever end up on death row, my last meal had better consist of Asiago, Arugula and Prosecco. Otherwise, there will be hell. to pay.

One year, I had the pleasure of staying at Chadwick's Inn in Portland and took part in making dinner. Erica Archer, a fine sommalier was there to pair foods with wine and I just wanted to bring her home with me. The entire evening was so relaxed and fun but I found myself hoping I would find just one more serving of Asiago, Arugula and Prosecco in my room when I called it a night.

This year I planted Arugula seed and have been eating it practically as it comes up through the dirt. I just had to buy a hunk of Asiago cheese and some Prosecco to wash it down with. What blows me away is that I normally hate greens of any kind, I'm not a huge cheese fan and I never cared much for Champagne.  Now that I know what green goes with what cheese and with what wine, my mind has been opened to lots of new possibilities.

I now know that Baby Kale is heavenly! Now, to pair it with something scrumpcious.

No comments:

Post a Comment