Coffee.org-Save up to 20% on Your Favorite Coffee

Monday, June 8, 2015

Retirement

I never truly believed my husband would retire, but at the end of June he is done.

It shouldn't be a surprise that his frugal ways have enabled us to retire with a fairly large nest egg. He's Scottish and the Scott's hang on their money quite tightly.  I grew up thinking I was Irish but I did my family tree and found out I'm Scottish as well. So much for my spending ways; I have to be frugal now too!

He's been wondering what he will do with his time once he is retired, especially on rainy days. We have already decided that we will winter in Florida and summer in Maine, so he'll see a lot of time on the links. I suggested to him that he rediscover his passion for photography which he had before he found his passion for moi thirty five years ago. Of course, he had no new equipment so he sold his old camera and lens, a canoe and a rifle to come up with the money for new stuff.  The whole kit and kaboodle came the other day and I am so happy to see him as excited as a little boy as he learns what the new camera and lenses will do.

Next month, one of our daughters is remarrying on beautiful Moosehead Lake, about an hour north of us. My favorite times are those when all of my grandchildren are together so that camera is going to get a lot of use. We found out last week that we have another grandchild on the way, which will make an even ten.  We have four grown children, one of which is unable to have children, so I'd say the other three children have figured out where babies come from!

Four of our grandchildren live in Miami, so we don't see them as often as we'd like, but starting this winter that will change.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment