Coffee.org-Save up to 20% on Your Favorite Coffee

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Choo-Choo! All Aboard!

A new restaurant, All Aboard, opened in Dexter last year and I've been there a few times; enough that I feel like I can accurately and honestly give an opinion of it.

The tried hard on the decor; there are train tracks right behind the place, but they were pulled up years ago and a recreational trail was put in. The ATV-ers, bikers, and dog walkers love that trail that runs for miles and miles between all the surrounding towns.

The interior is train themed, and they have done a good job of collecting old photos of trains, and the decor has miscellaneous train stuff all around. I'm happy to say it didn't do what some places do and have an annoying miniature train running on a track by the ceiling in every damn room.

The menu is good, offering several choices of Maine seafood, pasta dishes, dishes for the kiddos and offer steaks, chicken and pork. I chose the Almondine Shrimp which was perfection. The linguini was al dente and the sauce was a rich brown butter sauce, My husband kept swiping my pasta thinking I couldn't eat that much, but I fooled him. I had to stop myself from licking the plate.

Hubby had the Chef Salad with grillled Shrimp which he would have liked more if the salad hadn't been overdressed.

The dessert board looked wonderful but I've been trying to lose weight for so long that I no longer am tempted, although I do love Red Velvet Cake and it was on the board.

The have a full bar, and many more beer varieties than wine.Service was very good. It Saturday night at 6:00pm and it was not at all busy.

Would I go there again? You bet! They have a back deck where you can eat and I would choose a sunny day and sit outside. I could probably be talked into an ice-cold Corona while looking over their menu. I even take my good buddy Cooper. He has better table manners than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment