Coffee.org-Save up to 20% on Your Favorite Coffee

Friday, April 1, 2011

Lurio's--I'd Expected Better

The location of Lurio’s, at the corner of Blatt Blvd. and Weston Road is perfect. Their restaurant has the corner location allowing patrons to have plenty of light from the windows, although the view is of a parking lot.

Reservations aren’t needed for dinner here, especially if you eat dinner early, like we do. We arrived at 6:30 and were told to seat ourselves, so we took an intimate table by a window. They offer very few wines by the glass, but you do get a good pour.

The menu said the salad I ordered had lettuce, dried cranberries, walnuts and friend noodles, but there wasn’t a noodle in sight.

I ordered the Lasagna Bolognese, since the menu said it had bechamel sauce, which I thought would be nice. No béchamel sauce ,and way too much of the tomato sauce which had no flavor except tomato. I expected to taste a bit of oregano or basil, so I went away disappointed. There seemed to be only two servers and they pulled double duty getting drinks as well, so maybe that’s why the didn’t come around with grated cheese or fresh pepper.



Maybe it was a bad night; I know they’ve been around for a few years, but I doubt very strongly that I’d give them another shot.

Date of visit: Monday, March 28, 2011 6:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment